That’s a Wrap
Yesterday we completed the 2017 legislative session. Together we made progress on important priorities for Oregon: increasing workplace fairness and opportunity, protecting vulnerable people, and creating a strong future for young Oregonians. I am proud to have helped pass bills that will advance these goals:
- ensure equal pay for equal work (HB 2005),
- help parents obtain work schedules in advance so they can arrange childcare, attend class, and meet other family needs (SB 828),
- prevent sexual harassment and assault (HB 3279, SB 795, HB 2972, SB 261, HB 3060),
- enable 16 year-olds to pre-register to vote (SB 802),
- create economic opportunity by improving laws that govern Oregon’s beer, wine, cider, spirits, cannabis, and industrial hemp sectors (HB 2089, HB 2150, HB 2159, HB 2160, SB 677, SB 1044, SB 1015, SB 1057, HB 2197, HB 2198), and
- ensure that people in our criminal justice system are treated fairly and with dignity (HB 3078, SB 505, HB 2355).
I’m grateful for the opportunity to work with good colleagues from around the state and across the political spectrum. Please look here for more session highlights.